This week’s fluffy links… including some very cool Microsoft innovation and new BeKnown jobs tab
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend despite Ireland throwing it away to Wales in the last minute on the rugby pitch!
Here’s some links that are catching my attention to keep you up to speed with some of the changes taking place in the world of recruitment, hr and technology
- It’s been a couple of very good weeks for Microsoft on the innovation front…there has been quite a bit of talk about the how its raging success Kinect sensor technology (which powers Xbox) is going to change the way laptops work, learn more here. Also, the very impressive new Nokia Lumia 800 Microsoft Windows Phone 7 is out. Nokia and Microsoft’s partnership is beginning to pay off and this is the most serious offering both companies have come out with to date, more here.
- A deep dive into Facebook’s revenue over the past three years.
- Do you want to see what Facebook’s filing to the SEC looks like, go here for the pdf
- 5 Reasons VC Firms Love Recruiting Technology in 2012 #HRTech by Sarah White (@ImSoSarah) (@HRTechBlog)
- Reuters ups its game with the launch of Reuters Social Pulse, Commenting on the launch, Alex Leo (Director of News for Reuters Digital) explained that the hub is “designed to show you the most talked-about news, companies and influencers across the Web.”
- The web is moving to a new phase of personalisation, check out how Glassdoor very cleverly are embracing this trend with the very clever use of Facebook connect to allow jobseekers unearth a lot of great information when researching what jobs their profile may be suitable to work at, video below:
- There are some spaces left on the next certified internet recruiter course I hope to run by the end of the month, you can learn more about the course here! Congrats to the 6 recruiters in Deloitte that took the course and past the test last week!
- Also, I currently have an excellent 6 month sourcer role on for one of the top software companies in the country, if anyone is interested in moving in-house on a contract basis and comes from a very strong sourcing background and is very savvy with social media technologies drop me a line.
- And of that’s not enough, BeKnown adds a jobs tab on its Facebook App, check out the video below
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/irishrec/public_html/wp-content/themes/Classy/footer.php on line 5